Local Summertime Sippin' with Whole Foods Market
Photo: Video by IdahoOnYourSide.com
Those summertime wines have certain local foods that pair very well with them. Here are suggested complements from Whole Foods Market:
1. Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc and Idaho Trout
· Camping and sophisticated dining are not mutually exclusive. No, seriously. With this charismatic pairing of sustainably farm-raised Idaho Trout and Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc, you can prepare yourself to bask in the campfire glow.
2. Icardi Barbera d’Asti and Country Natural Beef
· Stretch out your summer nights in the backyard grilling up a juicy and satisfying steak raised with care from Country Natural Beef and sipping the perfect counterpoint Icardi Barbera d’Asti, with its intensely fruity aroma and sweet tannins. Buy two bottles and use one for a show-stopping pan sauce!
· The Barbera has an intensely fruity aroma to balance the beef.
3. Luigi Voghera Moscato d’Asti and Amaru Confections Cupcakes
Serve picnic co-conspirators Pizzolato Organic Moscato and Amaru Confections Cupcakes and delight your friends.
Premium, cage-free egg cupcakes.
Perfect for indulging at the Shakespeare Festival!
The hottest wine of summer this year, it is lively and fruity and is magical paired with baked goods!
4. Organic Prosecco from Pizzolato Fields paired with local raspberries.
· Local raspberries are in from The Berry Ranch in Nampa, and they are incredibly sweet.
· Easy drinking bubbly Prosecco is a great complement to fresh fruit.
5. Coiled Riesling with Rollingstone Rosemary Chevre
· Citrus flavors in the Riesling make the goat cheese taste great!
· Easy picnic food, just cheese, crackers and a knife – you don’t even need a bottle opener!
· Riesling makes amazing wine, let’s make it popular again!
6. Cinder off-dry Viognier with Ballard Halloumi and cucumber
· Tropical fruit flavors and subtle sweetness of the Viognier complement the saltiness of the cheese.
· What’s better than local wine with local cheese?
7. Terradora diPaolo Rosé with Rollingstone Chevre with Fine Herbs
· Dry Rosé is the ultimate summertime wine.
· A more savory take on goat cheese with a more savory wine.
· Another fantastic picnic pairing.
8. Henry Fessy Beaujolais with Local Cantaloupe wrapped in Creminelli Prosciutto
· Beaujolais has fresh fruit flavor and a light body, which makes it excellent for summertime drinking.
· Prosciutto adds a savory element to sweetness of the cantaloupe, which makes them taste lovely with red wine.
· This local cantaloupe is on a One Day Sale today at Whole Foods Market. Today only it is 2 for $4, regularly $3.99.