Camping recipe on the cheap (and not hot dogs)
Photo: Video by IdahoOnYourSide.com
Cheeseburgers, believe it or not, are easy to take on the road camping with your family. You just have to know how to make them right. Living On a Coupon's Jessica Hacker shows you how with these simple recipes.
CHEESEBURGER WRAPS ($7.98 for a family of 6)
*Recipe makes 5 wraps, I doubled the recipe to feed 6 people
1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon minced dried onion
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
pepper and salt to taste
1 tablespoon dill relish
5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
shredded cheddar cheese
· Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain.
· Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, dried onion, relish & salt and pepper to the ground beef simmer for 5 minutes.
· Heat indoor grill or skillet to 350 degrees
· Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add hamburger mixture (careful not to over fill)
· Layer with slices of tomato & lettuce if desired.
· Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated grill seam side down.
· Grill for about 4-5 minutes or until brown and crispy.
· Flip and do the same to the other side.
BANANA S’MORES (under $3.00 for a family of 6)
Graham Crackers, crushed (could also use cereal)
· Peel & slice a banana in half lengthwise. Place on a sheet of foil.
· Wrap the banana up in the foil sheet. Place near the fire, on the grill or in an 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
· It doesn’t take long to melt all the goodies together!