Coping with stress during a weight loss journey
Photo: Video by IdahoOnYourSide.com
If you turn to food to cope with stress, you're like weight loss challenger Lori Glaeser used to be. But now, instead of reaching for the M&Ms, Lori exercises. Dr. Amy Walters also has ideas that are much better than excessive and unnecessary snacking.
Here are some tips from St. Luke's Humphreys Diabetes Center on coping with stress.
· Stress is part of life – we need effective tools to deal with it in a healthy way
· Practice good self care – healthy choices for eating, sleeping and exercise
· One size doesn’t fit all - identify a coping strategy that works for you
· Identify a “go to” strategy or use one of the Basic 5
· Seek professional support