Thrifty Thursday: What to do with T-Day leftovers
Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole $5.16 ($.86 a serving)
· Uncle Ben’s wild rice $2.50 ($1.25 a box)
· Water chestnuts $.86 ($.43 a can at Winco)
· Cream of mushroom soup $1.50 ($.50 a can)
· Misc. veggies $.30
· Leftover turkey, chopped
· 2 Cups of leftover gravy
· 2 Boxes of Wild Rice (I prefer Uncle Ben's)
· 2 Cans of sliced, water chestnuts (I bought at Winco for $.43 a can)
· 3 Stalks of celery (chopped)
· 1 Medium onion (I like to do a mix of red and white onion so I use 2 small)
· 3 Can of cream of mushroom soup (from my stockpile paid $.20 a can last week)
· 1 Tbl. of celery salt
· 1 Tbl. of onion powder
· 1 Tbl. of garlic salt
· 1 Tsp. of black pepper
· Preheat oven to 400
· Cook wild rice per directions on box.
· Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients in a medium bowl until combined
· By this time the wild rice should be done cooking.
· Place rice and sauce mixture in the oven dish with turkey and veggies.
· Mix and spread out evenly
· Place dish in a 400 degree oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown
Find more of Jessica's recipes, coupons, and meal ideas at livingonacoupon.com.