Thrifty Thursday: Halloween-themed party treats
Jessica Hacker shares some creative and tasty ideas for your party. The thrifty key with these treats is to use ingredients more than once.Photo: Video by IdahoOnYourSide.com
Jessica "The Coupon Hacker" made easy treats for your Halloween party on Good Morning Idaho. Below are the simple items you'll need.
· Red Food Coloring
· Corn Syrup
Ear Wax Q-Tips
· Mini Marshmallows
· Peanut Butter
· Pretzel Sticks
· Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Jack o’ Lanterns
· Cutie Oranges h
· Sharpie Marker
1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup softened butter
3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
14oz. white candy coating
1 tablespoon shortening
M&M's or Melted chocolate (eyes)
Red decorating gel
Directions for Eyeballs:
· With a mixer, beat the peanut butter and softened butter until smooth.
· Slowly add the powdered sugar, continue to mix until well blended.
· Shape peanut butter mixture into balls. Recipe will make 40 eyeballs.
· Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill and let set.
· Meanwhile, melt candy coating in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir then do 30 second intervals until fully melted.
· Once melted, stir in shortening until smooth and shiny
· Dunk each peanut butter ball into the chocolate mixture to coat, set back on cookie sheet
· Let set.
· Make the eyeball design with either attaching an M&M or melting chocolate chips and making a dot.
· Use the red decorating gel to make lines down the sides.
For recipes, coupons, and thrifty food ideas, visit Jessica Hacker's website.