Loading...

Two without home after fire in midtown

Two without home after fire in midtown

By Rikki Mitchell. CREATED Apr 12, 2014

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson Fire responded to a house fire Friday night that left two people without a home.

Capt. Chris Jurvig with TFD tells KGUN9 multiple 911 calls reported the fire at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 3400 block of E. 27th St., near 22nd Street and Country Club Rd.

The first crew found flames coming from the back and side of the home.

Everyone inside the home was able to get out before firefighters arrived, and were not injured.

Firefighters cut a hole in the roof to let smoke out while interior crews extinguished active flames in multiple rooms and the attic.

It took 25 firefighters 18 minutes to control the fire after arriving.

There were no injuries to firefighters.

The Red Cross responded and will be helping the two residents.

TFD has determined the cause was a malfunction in their electric dryer.

Damage is estimated at $75,000.

Rikki Mitchell

Rikki Mitchell

Email Facebook Twitter
Rikki Mitchell is a proud University of Arizona grad and joined the KGUN9 team after graduation. Rikki reports as a video journalist for the evening and weekend newscasts.