Fire damages 4 mobile homes in midtown

Rikki Mitchell

Photo: Video by kgun9.com

Fire damages 4 mobile homes in midtown

CREATED Oct. 4, 2013 - UPDATED: Oct. 4, 2013

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson Fire responded to an abandoned mobile home park near Prince and Stone Avenue where multiple mobile homes caught fire.

Capt. Barrett Baker with TFD says the park is in the 300 block of E. Prince Road.

Baker says two mobile homes were destroyed, and two others damaged.

Firefighters arrived two minutes after being dispatched and reported seeing one single-wide home was fully involved in flames.

Firefighters decided to fight the fire from the outside since the park was vacant. The fire was threatening power lines and a home to the east.

It took 11 units and 31 firefighters about 25 minutes to get the fire under control.

There were no injuries to firefighters.

The park had already been condemned by the City.

The cause and origin is still under investigation.

KGUN9 reached out to schools in the area, who said students and buses were not affected.

 

Loading...