Three stung by wasps at Marana school
MARANA, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) - Two students and one staff member were stung by wasps Monday morning at an elementary school in Marana.
Officials with the Marana School District tell KGUN9 that the incident happened at about 7:40 am. on one of the playgrounds at Butterfield Elementary School, 3400 W. Massingale Rd.
Mountain Vista Fire District responded to the school and foamed the area. Both students and the staff member were checked out by paramedics and cleared on the scene.
The school's lower playground remained closed for the entire day. A pest control company responded in the afternoon.