Weather Alerts 6 View »

Quick attack by firefighters saves home

Ina Ronquillo

Photo: Image by Rural/Metro

Quick attack by firefighters saves home

CREATED Jul. 26, 2013

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Quick action by Rural/Metro firefighters kept a blaze from spreading through a 4000 square foot occupied home.

Capt. Grant Cesarek tells KGUN9 that firefighters were called to a home in the 7100 block of North Finger Rock Place.

When firefighters arrived on scene firefighters found flames on the upstairs patio.

Investigators have determined the cause to be an unattended barbecue grill, said Cesarek.  The heat melted the shut off valve and fire from the pressurized gas lines created direct flame impingement on the home.

No injuries were reported during the incident.

Rural/Metro would like to remind the public that leaving cooking appliances of any type unattended may cause this similar emergency at any home, especially barbecue grills.

Loading...