Loading...

Cigarette-caused mobile home park fire causes $15K damage

Cigarette-caused mobile home park fire causes $15K damage

By Phil Villarreal. CREATED Aug 6, 2014

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A careless smoker started a fire in a mobile home park that caused $15,000 in damage.

Northwest Fire District fire crews responded to a call in the 1000 block of West Wabash Street Wednesday morning to put out the blaze within seven minutes arrival. The fire was isolated to the bedroom and was caused by an improperly discarded cigarette. The force included 21 firefighters on three engines, a ladder company, a rescue company and support units.

Neighbors helped out by breaking a window of the mobile home and spraying flames with a garden hose.

The Red Cross is assisting the family that was displaced by the fire.