Foundation helping TUSD students in need
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson's students and teachers are in need of help as school is set to start July 31.
The Educational Enrichment Foundation is putting on a clothing and supplies drive from now till July 25. The Foundation says students and teachers in the school district need help.
Almost 70 percent of students qualify for free or reduced price lunches according to the foundation's director Pam Francis. That means they need help getting the most basic necessities.
EEF is looking for donations of school supplies, new clothes, new shoes, and unopened hygiene products. You can drop off donations at any of these locations during business hours:
- Educational Enrichment Foundation, 3809 E. Third St.
- TUSD Administration, 1010 E. 10th St.
- Fallas/Factory-2-U, All Tucson and Nogales Locations
- Chick-Fil-A at El Con, 3605 E. Broadway Blvd.
- Jonathan's Educational Resources, 3100 N. Stone Ave.
- PICOR Commercial Real Estate, 1100 N. Wilmot Rd. Suite 200
- St. Marks Presbyterian Church, 3809 E. Third St.