Dryer fire temporarily displaces woman on the east side
Photo: Image by Tucson Fire Department
TUCSON(KGUN9-TV)- A dryer caught fire in a east side home Friday, temporarily displacing the woman who lives there.
Tucson Fire Captain Barrett Baker told KGUN 9OYS the woman was doing laundry in her home near Pantano Road and Tanque Verde Road, when she noticed smoke coming from her laundry room and a popping noise from her dryer.
She and her three dogs evacuated the house. When TFD arrived on scene, they found her dryer on fire, and were able to put it out with water. It didn't spread to any other part of the room.
No one was injured and firefighters determined the house was safe for living.
Tucson Fire wants to remind everyone to clean the lint trap in your dryer before every use, and never turn on the dryer before you leave the house.
They call clogged lint traps the leading cause of home clothes washer and dryer fires.