Loading...

Weather Alerts 1 View »

One man arrested, another taken to hospital following Bisbee SWAT situation

  • Play

Photo: Video by kgun9.com

One man arrested, another taken to hospital following Bisbee SWAT situation

By Taylor Higgins, Ina Ronquillo. CREATED Feb 7, 2014 - UPDATED: Feb 7, 2014

BISBEE, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) - Harry Alberto Torres II, 23, was arrested on several charges following a nearly two SWAT standoff.

Staff Sergeant Taron S. Maddux with the Bisbee Police Department tells KGUN9 that officers received a call from a resident in the 900 block of American Avenue who reported multiple gunshots outside.

When officers arrived on scene, they made contact with a man who reported that he had been shot and that the suspect was still inside a residence, said Maddux.

A man was seen exiting the same home as the victim, but the victim said that was the homeowner and was not the shooter.

The 41-year-old homeowner suffered a minor injury to his hand as a result of a brief struggle with the suspect.  The homeowner told police the suspect was inside the home and that he had fired several rounds from a pistol, said Maddux.  He also told police he was in possession of numerous firearms.

Several agencies along with the Cochise County SWAT Team responded to the home. Other homes in the surrounding area were evacuated for safety, said Maddux.

Torres II surrendered to authorities after about two hours. He was booked for attempted first degree murder, aggravated assault and endangerment.

The victim was airlifted to UAMC in Tucson for non-life threatening injuries.