Storm causes power outages; road closures
Photo courtesy Andrea Macias
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A severe thunderstorm moved through the Tucson area Friday leading to several road closures and thousands of customers without power.
According to Joe Barrios with Tucson Electric Power, 1,100 customers are without power in the south east area.
Barrios says 24 poles were damaged during the storm.
Power lines are down at the intersection of Valencia and Campbell Avenue.
TEP crews are assessing the damage and working to restore power as soon as possible.
There are also road closures in effect because of the storm:
- Valencia Road between Campbell Avenue and Nogales Highway (possible overnight closure)
- Houghton Road between Valencia and Drexel
- Harrison Road at the Pantano Wash
- Wilmot Road south of the prison
- Alvord and Garrett Alvord (between Palo Verde & Alvernon)
- Bonney and Earp
- Masterson and Earp
- Brosius and Earp J
- Jeremy Crossing and Old Spanish Trail
For updated road condition information, call the Pima County Roads Condition Line: (520) 547-7510.