House fire sends one to hospital

Rikki Mitchell

House fire sends one to hospital

CREATED Jul. 3, 2013

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A house fire Wednesday sent one woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Capt. Barrett Baker with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 that the fire broke out at about 4:00 p.m. in 4600 block of east Duncan Street.

The first crew on scene saw flames coming out of a window on the side of the house.

Crews entered the home and found heavy smoke, but were able to extinguish the fire.

It took nine units and 23 firefighters 12 minutes to bring the fire under control.

There were no injuries to firefighters, but one woman in her 30s suffered smoke inhalation.

The home has heavy damage in one of the bedrooms, and three people will be displaced.

There is no cause yet or estimate on damage.

Loading...