Dropped match causes mobile home fire

Dropped match causes mobile home fire

By Rikki Mitchell. CREATED Apr 23, 2013 - UPDATED: Apr 23, 2013
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Firefighters responded to Grant Road and Fairview Road Tuesday for a mobile home fire that started after the owner accidentally dropped a match.
 
Capt. Barrett Baker with the Tucson Fire Department says a mobile home caught fire in the 700 block of west Budmoore Terrace and two propane tanks complicated matters.  

Firefighters directed their hoses at the propane tanks to keep them cool while a second unit extinguished the flames in the mobile home.

The dropped match ignited a paper under the woman who lived there as she tried to light a cigarette.

The owner was not injured and was able to escape after she saw flames.

Three nearby mobile homes were threatened, but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading.
 
Eight units and 21 firefighters controlled the fire within 10 minutes of arrival.

There were no injuries to firefighters.
 
The Red Cross responded and assisted the woman who lived there with lodging, food, clothing and medication.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.
Rikki Mitchell

Rikki Mitchell

Email Facebook Twitter
Rikki Mitchell is a proud University of Arizona grad and joined the KGUN9 team after graduation. Rikki reports as a video journalist for the evening and weekend newscasts.