Crews respond to east side garage fire
Web Producer: Rikki Mitchell
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - An electrical malfunction set fire to a garage workshop on the east side Tuesday.
Capt. Barrett Baker with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 that crews responded to the 600 block of south Turquoise Place at about 4:30 p.m. and found the garage on fire.
They initially saw a large amount of smoke in the alley but could not see what was burning.
The garage was close to another garage so crews pulled hose lines in to stop the fire from spreading.
The rafters and some equipment sustained heavy damage but there were no injuries to firefighters or residents.
It took eight units and 22 firefighters to get the fire under control in five minutes.
The cause was an electrical malfunction in one of the outlets.