Weather Alerts 1 View »

Fire breaks out at Sky Harbor restaurant

Fire breaks out at Sky Harbor restaurant

CREATED Mar. 10, 2013

Web Producer: Taylor Higgins

PHOENIX (AP) - A fire broke out Sunday morning in the kitchen of a restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Phoenix fire Capt. Tony Mure says an employee of Chelsea's Kitchen in terminal four of the airport acted quickly in using a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire in the restaurant's ventilation hood.

An estimated 30 people at Chelsea's Kitchen and a neighboring restaurant were evacuated, though there was no damage to the eatery next door to Chelsea's.

The airport terminal wasn't evacuated.

Mure says the fire was likely caused by grease that had accumulated in the ventilation hood.

Mure says Chelsea's Kitchen had minimal damage from the fire.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

Loading...