Loading...

House fire displaces four, including two children

House fire displaces four, including two children

CREATED Dec 24, 2012

Web Producer: Mekita Rivas

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson firefighters battled a late night fire that displaced four people, including two children, Sunday night. 

Crews responded to the fire in the 2300 block of East Virginia just before 9:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Capt. Barrett Baker with the Tucson Fire Department.  

The cause of the fire is an unspecified electrical malfunction of an electric water heater. The damages are estimated to cost $40,000.

There were no injuries to firefighters or the four occupants. The Red Cross will provide assistance to them on Monday.

The carport/storage area of the house suffered heavy fire damage but crews were able to minimize damage to the living area of the house.