West side garage fire displaces two residents
Photo: Image by Tucson Fire Department
Web Producer: Mekita Rivas
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A garage fire in the 1400 block of South Lynx forced two residents out of their home in the early hours of Thursday morning.
It took eight units and 21 firefighters approximately 11 minutes to bring the fire under control. There were no injuries to firefighters and the Red Cross was not called in because the residents had elsewhere to stay.
The fire has been ruled accidental and caused by burning weeds in the yard with a torch. The damages total an estimated $40,000.