Gas leak causes evacuation
Web Producer: Christina Grande
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Emergency crews responded to gas leak at First Street and Vine Avenue just before 11 a.m. Friday.
Over 80 people were evacuated in the area, including two sorority houses, a fraternity house, and The Little Chapel of All Nations while Southwest Gas worked on repairing the leak, according to authorities.
It took crews about 30 minutes to stop and repair the leak.
Authorities say the leak started when a construction worker hit two gas lines with a back hoe while working in a trench.
No injuries were reported.