Weather Alerts 1 View »

Smoke detectors save three from early morning fire

Smoke detectors save three from early morning fire

CREATED Mar. 7, 2012

Web Producer: Alexandra Sutter

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Three people escaped injury this morning after a fire started in the home's garage and began to fill the house with smoke.

According to Northwest Fire Captain Adam Goldberg, the smoke detectors sounded just after 5:30 this morning in the home located at 12964 N. Three Buttes Place near Dove Mountain.

The resident said he recently changed the batteries in his smoke detectors after a low battery warning alert from one of them sounded.

The first fire engine arrived within three minutes and found the garage on fire.

The fire is determined to be accidental after a towel saturated with combustible oil reached an ignition temperature, causing a flash fire to spread.

Damages were estimated to be about $25,000, which include damage to three racing motorcycles.
Residents will be displaced from the home until after repairs can be made.

Loading...