Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance
The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance (SAACA) was created in 2009 to preserve, advance and create new arts and cultural opportunities for engagement in Southern Arizona. With funds generated through grassroots community support from individual donors, special event revenues, grants and collaborative business partnerships, SAACA provides diverse engagement opportunities for artists, organizations, businesses and individuals in the community.
SAACA is committed to the economic and cultural development of Southern Arizona. We accomplish our mission through three primary methods; first, through the creation and production of diverse arts centric community programs, festivals and events; secondly, by establishing collaborative and innovative arts and business partnerships; and thirdly, through the establishment of networked and organized groups of artists and art organizations, and the engagement opportunities provided to them as a result.
Over the past 5 years, SAACA has created over 150 cultural diverse programs, festivals and events creating over 200,000 opportunities for unique arts experiences in Southern Arizona.
For more information visit them online at saaca.org.
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- Heart of Tucson Equine Rescue
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Tucson Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library
- The Missing in America Project
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors