KFAQ News Team
CREATED May. 7, 2013 - UPDATED: May. 13, 2013
Updated as of 5 p.m. May 13, 2013
The projects below are all weather permitting:
SH-11 narrows at US-75 nightly
Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound SH-11 between US-75 and I-244 from 7 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Tuesday and continuing nightly through Friday for surface repairs.
SH-11 narrows at I-244 junction daily
The left lane of east and westbound SH-11 will be closed in various locations between the I-244 and US-75 junctions from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays until further notice for cable barrier installation.
I-244 narrows near US-75 junction (western split) daily
The left lane of eastbound I-244 will be closed between the US-75 junction and the I-44 junction (western split) from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily until further notice for cable barrier installation. Expect delays in this corridor.
US-412/US-64 narrows near 177th W. Ave. Tuesday
The right lane of east and westbound US-412/US-64 will be closed near 177th W. Ave. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday for bridge inspections.
US-75 narrows at 131st St. South daily
The left lane of north and southbound US-75 will be closed between 131st St. South and Jenks Rd. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays for cable barrier installation.
116th St. North closed at US-75 junction – lane closures Tuesday
All lanes of east and westbound 116th St. North are closed at the US-75 junction until Fall 2013 for an interchange project. Drivers are urged to plan ahead and locate an alternate route.
· The north and southbound shoulders of US-75 are closed between 106th St. North and 126th St. North until further notice.
· Drivers can expect various lane closures on northbound US-75 in this corridor from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday
SH-11 narrowed at Harvard Ave. Tuesday
Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound SH-11 at Harvard Ave. from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday as part of an ongoing bridge rehabilitation project. North and southbound Harvard Ave. will have various lane closures at this junction during this work.
On-going Construction Projects:
I-244/US-75 ramp (NE corner of the IDL) – open
The westbound I-244 off-ramp to southbound US-75 (NE corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop) is open to traffic; drivers should continue to use caution in the area as crews continue work on this bridge rehabilitation project.
I-244 narrowed at 33rd W. Ave.
East and westbound I-244 is narrowed to one open lane in each direction at 33rd W. Avenue (north of the western I-244/I-44 split) until early July for a bridge deck replacement project. Drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time in this corridor.
Lewis Ave. closed at I-44 junction
Lane and ramp closures until further notice include:
· All lanes of north and southbound Lewis Ave. are closed at the I-44 junction until further notice. Traffic can use the I-44/Peoria and I-44/Harvard interchanges as detours.
· The westbound I-44 on-ramp from Lewis Ave. is closed through late spring 2013. Use ramps at Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. to access westbound I-44.
· Various lane closures on Utica Ave. and Wheeling Ave. at the 51st St./Skelly Dr. junction
· All lanes of Birmingham Pl. (south of I-44) closed at Skelly Dr./51st until further notice.
· Eastbound Skelly Dr./51st St. (south of I-44) is narrowed to one lane just west of Lewis Avenue. Be alert to a stop sign near Wheeling Avenue. Traffic exiting from eastbound I-44 to Lewis Ave. has the right-of-way on Skelly Dr./51st Street.
East and westbound 51st St. is narrowed between Lewis Ave. to near Columbia Place.