State of emergency declared in Lee County
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County has declared a county-wide state of emergency following heavy rains that started Monday and are just now showing signs of easing.
The declaration will allow the county to repair roads left impassible for emergency vehicles by the flooding.
Most of the roads are in North Fort Myers. The county is also opening up the Lee Civic Center for horses stranded in flooded pastures.
As much as 9 inches of rainfall and sheets of water are moving south from Sarasota and Charlotte counties.
Roads that County is repairing to bring to Emergency Management standard for emergency vehicles (i.e., brush truck):
· Jamie Road, North Ft. Myers
· Skipper Road, North Ft. Myers
· Ruden Road, North Ft. Myers
· Baughman Lane, North Ft. Myers
· Henderson Grade Road, North Ft. Myers
· Dosonte Lane, North Ft. Myers
· Leetana Road, North Ft. Myers
· Capri Lane, Pine Island