Kitchen fire damages Port Charlotte home
CREATED Aug. 25, 2013
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Charlotte County Fire and EMS responding to a house fire in Port Charlotte early Sunday morning.
It happened just after 6:30 a.m. in the 14000 block of Newcomb Road.
Firefighters say the home is located right behind the fire station and were alerted to it by neighbors who came running up asking for help.
Two people were in the house when the fire started. No one was injured.
Officials say a kitchen fire sparked the flames.