Fuel 'Flash causes injuries
Photo: Video by fox4now.com
CREATED Aug. 1, 2013 - UPDATED: Aug. 1, 2013
FORT MYERS - Fire officials responded to a report of a boat explosion Thursday at The Landings on McGregor Boulevard.
Upon arrival it was determined that during fueling the gas fumes sparked and flashed causing injuries to two young girls.
A 15-year-old was taken to the hospital for treatment of 2nd Degree burns to her arm and back and an 11-year-old received minor burns. The boat sustained no damage.
Officials want to remind boaters to run the blowers when fueling up your vessel.