An early morning fire at Nana's Diner on Collier Blvd.
Photo: Video by fox4now.com
NAPLES, Fla.- Firefighters responded to an early morning fire at Nana's Diner on Collier Blvd. The two story building was engulfed in flames.
This fire has been determined to have been intentionally set and an act of Arson.
"I don't know how to explain it. I'm just shocked this happened. I drove by just to see. It's bad really bad," said Rebecca Brewer.
The assistant fire chief, Nolan Sapp, says the two story building had one person living inside an apartment above the restaurant. The woman made it out safely.
"She was awakened by the smell of smoke, said the smoke detectors activated. She self evacuated the structure and she saw thick black smoke in the parking lot. She couldn't even see the street lighting out here," said Sapp.
The owner of the diner didn't want to talk on camera, but she was obviously shaken from the whole ordeal. Others say it's hard to see their hang out spot scorched.
"Me and my husband have been going there, very nice people, fabulous food, very nice people and I'm sad to see it gone.," said Molly Dameron Gonzales.
The State Fire Marshal is working the case along with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with information is asked to called the FACAP hotline at 1-877-NOARSON. A reward of up to $5000.00 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.