Fox 4 anchor Patrick Nolan & Morning Blend Host Bill Wood to give "reality check."
Photo: Video by fox4now.com
FORT MYERS, Fla. -Fox 4 anchor Patrick Nolan and Morning Blend host Bill Wood are inviting you to come and say hello at the Edison Mall Saturday, October 27. They'll be there for the "Reality Check" event from 11am to 5pm.
They'll be outside Dillards at the mall.
It’s FREE! It only takes about an hour! Win great prizes like Simon Mall © gift cards, Universal Orlando Resort © theme park tickets, and other exciting prizes!
Students will travel from one “life” Table to another (like moving from square to square on the “LIFE” game) to choose a career, pay taxes, purchase a home and car, pay utilities, dine out, etc .
These “life” tables are supported and managed by local businesses from our community. Students will keep a “check book” of expenses against their monthly salary. They win the game when they complete Reality Check with money left in their faux check book.
Rules of the game
- All students should come to Reality Check with a pencil and calculator.
- When students come to Reality Check, they choose a job from a predetermined list.
- After the student has chosen a job, they are given an average monthly gross salary for that profession in SW Florida.
- The game requires all students to be “married” and have at least one child (the number of children will be determined during the game). Each student goes through the game individually.
- The game is based on monthly expenses. Taxes, mortgage payments, car payments, etc, are all based on one month’s payment.
- The only tables where the students will have a choice to purchase or not are Entertainment Tables or the Charity Table (marked with an *). All other tables are mandatory expenses.
- All debits are recorded at each table in the students check register (Reality Check Worksheet), and the balance maintained throughout the game.
- If the student goes bankrupt at any time during the game, they are sent directly to the “New Beginnings” table where they will pick a card to get a second job, and add an additional income into their check register. The student will return to the game from where they went bankrupt and continue on.
- Students who complete the game without going bankrupt are eligible to register to win a limited number of prizes provided by sponsors and FOX 4.