Battery charger to blame for Estero house fire
Photo: Video by fox4now.com
ESTERO, Fla.- Fire investigators say a fire that destroyed a home overnight in Estero started in the car.
It is believed a battery charger used to re-charge a Smart Car caught fire and sent flames quickly throughout the garage and into the attic space.
Firefighters stopped the flames before the fire engulfed the entire home, saving the main living quarters.
Firefighters were called back out to the home this morning when the fire re-kindled.
Damage to the $500,000 home is estimated at $200,000.