Loading...

Weather Alerts 5 View »

Fire at Holt Home Caused by Propane Torch

Click arrows to view additional images from the scene.

Fire at Holt Home Caused by Propane Torch

By FOX 47 News . CREATED Mar 10, 2014

A small fire in Holt left some damage to a garage, after someone from the household tried to melt ice off of the roof with a propane torch.

A resident from the home reported smoke coming from the garage and alerted the fire department.

"Really it could have been much more serious obviously," said Lt. Jeffrey Young of the Delhi Township Fire Department. "They were home, able to spot it pretty quickly."


Firefighters remind folks: if you are going to use a propane torch, make sure that the torch is off and cooled before setting it near anything that could catch fire.