Meijer to Offer All-Day Doorbusters on Black Friday
FOX 47 News
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Meijer is making holiday shopping easier for customers by offering aggressive Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday doorbuster deals on popular brands all day long while supplies last. The announcement was made today by J.K. Symancyk, Chief Operating Officer for the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer.
“Holiday shopping can be very stressful, so Meijer is focused on making the experience easier for our customers,” said Symancyk. “By offering our special deals beginning at 6 a.m. on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday, our customers won’t have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night to stand in line and can choose how early or late they want to shop for the hottest holiday gifts.”
Links to the Meijer Black Friday and Thanksgiving Day ad previews will be sent Friday to customers who currently receive e-mail alerts from Meijer, as well as the more than 860,000 Meijer Facebook likes and Twitter followers.
Once again this year, Meijer will continue its tradition of offering a variety of exciting doorbuster deals on three different days – Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Saturday – to accommodate customers’ holiday shopping preferences. The deals begin at 6 a.m. and continue throughout the day while supplies last. Examples of a few of these hot deals include:
· On Thanksgiving, buy one iPad with Retina Display 4th Gen, and receive a coupon for $100 off your next Meijer shopping trip.
· Buy one Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Hardware Bundle for $199.99 on Thanksgiving, and receive a coupon for $40 off your next Meijer shopping trip.
· Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle will be available for $120 on Black Friday.
· On Black Friday, buy one Kindle Fire for $159.99, and receive a $25 coupon off your next Meijer shopping trip.
· Mounted and canvas prints will be 50 percent off on Saturday.
· December Home 7-Foot Pre-Lit Mixed Needle Pine Trees will be available for $99.99 on Saturday.
Anyone wishing to receive access to the ad previews can visit www.connect.Meijer.com to register by signing up for e-mail alerts or connecting via Facebook or Twitter. The Holiday Gift Guide and the Meijer Top 25 Toy List are already available online, highlighting the top gift items of 2012. While customers can see the ads prior to distribution, the preview does not change the effective date of the advertised products.
Holiday shopping at Meijer would not be complete without Santa Bucks, which will be available the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Meijer will once again offer digital Santa Bucks through the company’s mPerks digital coupon program, which will allow customers the ease of digitally clipping the always-popular coupons using their text-enabled cell phones.
The Meijer mPerks program was launched in the fall of 2010, and has 830,000 subscribers, with more than 5,000 joining the program each week. Access to Meijer mPerks is free; customers can register atMeijer.com/mperks.
Source: Press Release