Michigan Lottery Winner Found Dead, Possible Overdose
FOX 47 News
Photo: Video by fox47news.com
A Michigan woman who collected welfare benefits after winning the lottery was found dead on Saturday.
Police say 25-year-old Amanda Clayton died of a possible drug overdose.
Clayton won a 735,000 dollar lottery prize last fall, but did not inform the state as required by law. Instead, she continued receiving welfare and medical benefits.
She pleaded no contest to fraud and was sentenced to nine months probation in July, eventually paying back 5,000 dollars to the state.