FOX 47 News Weekend Roundup
Photo: Image by FOX 47 News
By FOX 47 News. CREATED Mar 24, 2012
- Authories face more pressure in the Florida shooting case. Trayvon Martin was shot and killed last month in Florida. The alleged shooter claims he shot Martin in self defense, but Martin was unarmed. Now the police chief is stepping down temporarily.
- People with extra frequent flyer miles can now donate them to Make a Wish Foundation. About 70% of the wishes fulfilled by the organization require some form of travel.
- Shark attacks in Florida have residents concerned. Attack victims are saying it was like a scene out of Jaws off the east coast of Florida, where three separate attacks happened in two days.
- Local favorite The Purple Carrot Truck is back up and running. After a wintertime hiatus, Nina Santucci and Anthony Maiale have the Purple Carrot running again. Check out their website - linked in the story - for information about where they'll be next.
- Tornado-ravaged Dexter, Michigan rebuilding. The village is looking to protect residents from contractors looking to make bank on repairing homes and damaged landscaping.
- DeWitt man is missing in California. The last time Matt Hygh was seen by his classmates at San Diego Christian College was Tuesday, but police there believe he is still alive after they found a photo of him on Thursday, in his green Honda, stopped at a border patrol station near the Palm Desert.