MSU Student to Sue Jimmy John's over Affected Sprouts
The State News is reporting that an MSU student is planning to sue Jimmy John's after contracting E. Coli from raw clover sprouts that were allegedly infected with the bacteria.
The report says that Alexsandra Shalayko was in the hospital for three days, getting sick after eating a Turkey Tom sandwich that is served with raw clover sprouts. Her case is now one of nine others that have been confirmed across the state.
The State News says that all three East Lansing Jimmy John's locations are no longer serving the sprouts on their sandwiches - snow pea shoes have replaced them.
Some Turkey Tom sandwiches have also been served with lettuce as a replacement.